WEB EVANGELISM BULLETIN
. . . learning from each other
W-E-B Issue 237 ~ July (i) 2014
Monthly ISSN 471-0323 include "twitter.php"; ?>
"Words can't penetrate to the mystery of our being. Only stories and metaphors can usher us into true apprehension and appreciation of life." - Len Sweet
OUTREACH WEBSITES ENGAGE WITH OUTSIDERSJesus.net have just released a new multi-lingual testimony site which includes video shorts: MyStory.me.
Saving lives online - outreach webpage and ongoing mentor relationship points Kate away from suicide.
Apologetics - God: New Evidence team have released new video shorts on Conspiracies and Secret Gospels and have also dubbed some After Life videos into Chinese. Russian dubs are on the way - sign up for news on the website.
ARTS AND MEDIADon't let anyone tell you that Christian art cannot communicate powerfully. The OM Arts Incarnate School teaches these insights. See also latest Artists in Christian Testimony newsletter.
And I personally find the art and design of The Church of the Transfiguration very moving.
Art and media: how to have kingdom influence, explains Clyde Taber of Visual Story Network.
POPULAR CULTUREFree official community resources, ideal for youth group and family outings for this summer's big family film Earth To Echo.
Second Nature, the Christian team which looks in depth at the theological and cultural impact of digital, has a new review on Steve Turner's book Popcultured.
SOCIAL MEDIA24 best practices for nonprofits using Twitter.
Your church, ministry or nonprofit wants to start using social media? Use this PDF flowchart before you go any further.
How to schedule and edit Facebook posts from within Facebook.
7 Facebook hacks to make your website more shareable.
5 warnings for pastors on using social media.
The art of creating shareable posts on social platforms.
Women use most of areas of social media more than men.
MOBILE MINISTRYYou may find that the new Life Conversation Guide iOS app will help you in conversations with outsiders.
Word for Word Android Bible game app.
Using Lightstream in a closed country to share audio, video, and other files off-the-grid, offline, and un-noticed.
COMMUNICATING WELLWorld War 1 commemoration evangelistic literature from CPO in UK.
There's a common property of stories that go viral, research shows.
Digital storytelling in a world of short attention spans: one way to tell a story online.
25 editing tips for writers.
Need to rebrand the public profile of your church, ministry or nonprofit? Five questions to ask first.
Use images (not just words) to turn your distracted visitors into engaged readers.
Why ministry leaders aren't always good communicators and what to do about it.
The secrets of body language: why you should never cross your arms again.
Very significant thoughts from @justlong:
- on effective evangelism: Faith, fellowship and Dunbar's law
- on many areas of ministry: Which parts of WW2 planes got extra armor protection and why? Counter-intuitively, it was NOT where the bullet holes were.
CHURCH DIGITAL MINISTRYDoes Stonylands Golf Club creep you out? Read the communication parable here.
Welcoming church visitors without scaring them away.
Podcast: using WordPress as a website builder.
New short ebook: Rethinking Your Church Website Strategy.
Get your church website noticed in search results, says Internet Toolbox for Churches.
WORLD WE LIVE INThe amazing diversity of language around the world in one map.
Malcolm Gladwell on criticism, tolerance, and changing your mind.
Brainwriter - amazing $200 open source product for people with paralysis.
TECH TIPS- non-techies look away now
- Free Microsoft ebooks on their different software products.
- Ways to download YouTube videos.
- How to bypass and reset passwords on most operating systems.
- Open source tool lets you make interactive maps without coding.
- How to transfer files from Android to PC or Mac remotely.
- Recovery in Android - advice from AndroidPIT.
- Gmail supports more languages.
- 5 best keyboard apps for faster typing.
- Chrome versus Dolphin - which Android browser is better?
- CSS3 to create multi-column layouts and to manage fonts.
- 7 hidden features in iOS you may not know about.
TAILEND FUN :-)Video short: Children fighting on the way to church
PS PLEASE TWEET, FACEBOOK or share about this issue...
- Twitter: click here to send tweet about this issue of the Bulletin (editable if you wish).
- Facebook: one-click link creates a ready-made post on your Facebook timeline saying this latest Bulletin is online.
- LinkedIn: one-click link creates a ready-made post on LinkedIn, which you can also share with any groups you belong to.